Thursday, February 22, 2007

The End of the Beginning of 2nd Semester

The second semester of sophomore english has been a new experience for me. For our commonplace project, we are using blogs instead of books. I find myself wishing sometimes that we could have books instead of blogs. Blogs prevent me from writing more personal things. Maybe it's just me, or maybe others agree. But this blog this isn't half bad either. I guess it's good for allowing it to be easier to check assignments and connecting to our classmates. Blogs are good for group and individual assignments, but for our commonplace articles and such, I would've appreciated a book instead of this. Just so it can be more personal and I wouldn't be holding things back. I don't know about others, but I'm not too comfortable with sharing myself and my life with the whole world to see.

On other thoughts, I really don't know if I'm supposed to talk about what I've learned about my personal essential questions or the two sophomore essential questions. Because personally, I don't have any of my own essential questions. So, I'll just write about what I have discovered so far for the two sophomore essential questions. These two questions are "What kind of world is this?" and "How should we live in it?"
I don't know about you, but I think these questions are extremely hard to answer in just a tiny blog, but of course I don't have an answer quite yet so I don't have as much to worry about. What kind of world is this? It's whatever world we make it. This is a world in which there will always be poverty, suffering, war, pain, sadness, sorrow, deaths that could have been prevented, etc. There will always be poor people, rich people, people who have everything, people who have nothing, people who can give but don't, people who can't give but want to, people who need, people who want, all kinds of people. The point is that there will never be a "perfect" world. It's how you live in it that counts. It's the outlook on this world and what you want from it and what you're going to do with it that matters. So, what kind of world is this? It's up to you to decide.
Next question. How should we live in it? Well, I don't know. I'll have to get back to this later.

Have a nice day please.

No comments: